Cottage Cheese Cake
3/4 C butter ( room temp.), 3/4 C sugar, 4 Eggs separated, 1 C all purpose flour, 3 Tbsp cold water, 2 C cottage cheese, 3 oz. cream cheese, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. vanilla
- oven 375
- cream 1/4 C butter, add 1 Tbsp sugar, creaming well. Blend in 1 Egg yolk and beat well. Add flour and mix until particles are fine.
- Sprinkle water over mixture and stir 'till dough holds together.
- Press into the bottom and sides of a 9" cake or spring form pan. Butter the sides a little bit too.
- Bake at 375 - 10 minutes
- In large bowl, blend the 3 Egg yolks with remaining sugar and beat until thick and lemon colored. Add remaining butter, creaming well.
- Put cottage cheese, cream cheese and salt in food processor and pulse 'till smooth. ( They did not have food processors in 1963, I just like to mix it this way, you can mix it by hand if you want).
- Beat Egg whites till soft peaks form. Fold all together gently but thoroughly. Pour into partially baked crust.
- Bake 325 for 50 to 60 min. Let cool on rack. Chill about 12 hours.