Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
2 Sticks unsalted butter, room temp., 3/4 white sugar, 1C brown packed light, 2 Eggs, 1 3/4 C all purpose flour, 1 3/4C old fashioned oats, 1tsp. baking soda, 1tsp. Kosher salt (yes , it makes a difference in the taste), 3/4 tsp. ground nutmeg, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, 1 1/2 C raisins
makes about 24 cookies
- With electric mixer, cream together butter, sugars and eggs for about four minutes until really light and fluffy.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, oats, baking soda, salt , nutmeg, cinnamon and raisins.
- On low speed, add in the flour mixture to the butter mixture just until combined and evenly mixed.
- For best results, put into container and refrigerate for overnight or at least 3 to 4 hours.
- Drop into 1/4 inch balls about 2 inches apart on baking sheet. You do not need to grease it.
- Bake @ 350 for 18 minutes , until lightly golden brown and soft in the center. Be careful not to over bake.
- Cool on baking sheet for 10, then transfer to wire cooling rack..
- Unbaked dough can be kept refrigerated for up to 1 week.