Sunday, August 28, 2011

Tasha Tudor Day and Chocolate Cherry Scones Recipe





   Today I was remembering Tasha Tudor and the love of tea that her and I both share.  I thought I'd make a cup of my favorite brew, Twining's Irish Breakfast then I remembered that it would be better with my special, steaming hot , fresh scones, so I skipped over to the chicken coop, got my fresh eggs and voila!  Here is my very own  recipe that I make when I want something special.  They're fantastic, so indulge darlings!

       Lip Smacking Cherry Scones  
              
 1 1/4 C all purpose flour
3T Sugar, 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder, 1/4 tsp. salt
6 T chilled butter cut in 1/2" cubes
1/2 Cup chopped dried tart cherries
1/2 Cup buttermilk, 1 Large Egg
1 tsp. grated orange peel, 2 tsp. vanilla

Grease baking sheet.  Preheat oven to 400.
Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl.  Rub in butter with fingers until pea sized.  Stir in cherries.
Whisk buttermilk, egg, vanilla and orange peel in small bowl.  Add to flour mixture and stir just until dough forms.  Flatten to a 6 inch round circle on baking sheet and cut into 8 wedges.  Bake at 400 for 15 min.
Melt a few tablespoons of semi sweet chocolate and pipe over cooled scones using a Ziploc bag or pastry bag. 

10 comments:

  1. Happy Tasha Tudor day, yummy recipe. I will have to try it. Thank you for joining in. CLarice

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks wonderful! I like that you 'skipped' out to the chicken coop. I'll have to try that (: ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Tasha Tudor Day! The scones look delicious and may I have milk in my tea please? :-) What a wonderful recipe. I have to see if I can find the cherries so I can try this. Thank you.

    Hugs from Holland ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Tasha Tudor Day! Your recipe looks very yum; we'll have to copy it down for reference. :)

    Love,

    Marqueta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all, what lovely comments. I'll post more delicious recipes that we love here on our little Hungarian Farm, soon. Beautiful Ladies, thank you, With Love, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your kitchen blog. This is completely 'you'. Keep up the beautiful work! Love, Amy (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun way to celebrate TT Day! We had a busy weekend but I hope to sit down and read some of her books with my littles this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Stephanie, I love your discussion on bikes. I might need one after all of my baking. Keep looking for more goodies to come! Thank you, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful photos! can i come over for breakfast? love your little gypsy kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, come over, I'll be making crepes for breakfast! Much Love, Linda

    ReplyDelete